The low-down on High Barnet
Find out more about what’s going on in High Barnet – cool places to eat and visit, and some great volunteering programmes to get involved with. There’s more info about the Barnet properties we have available here.
If you’re excited by the idea of bringing a neighbourhood to life, our spacious 1-bed and 2-bed apartments in High Barnet might be for you. They’re located in an open, green area, close enough to the city for work, and close to the open countryside where you can escape it all. Plus you’re just 15 minutes’ walk from the local high street.
- Where do the locals go? – Hopscotch Sweets, Ye Old Mitre Inn, Dudley’s Pancakes, Patisserie Joie De Vie and Barnet Cafe.
- Green spaces – Hadley Green is just 20 minutes by bus. It’s one of the town’s most distinctive features – the oldest open space in the borough and an important site for metropolitan nature conservation. The perfect relaxation spot for these summer months! Barnet is also home to seven nature reserves and the Dollis Valley Greenwalk, which leads visitors on a 10 mile nature-filled journey across the borough.
- Shopping – The Spires, located in the heart of the High Street, is a modern mall with a supermarket, restaurants and high-street shops plus coffee shops and an outdoor food market.
- Transport links – Our properties are just 10 minutes walk to High Barnet tube station on the Northern Line with great links to central London and night services running at the weekend. You can get door to door to Kings Cross in just 50 minutes.
There’s lots of interesting volunteering options in the borough, and Volunteering Barnet are on hand to help you find local projects to get involved with. You can register and search for opportunities on their website, but they also have weekly drop-ins, volunteer fairs and offer an introduction to volunteering training.
Here are some of our top picks for volunteering organisations in Barnet:
- Noah’s Ark Hospice – play a crucial part in supporting the care and services Noah’s Ark Hospice provide to children with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions and their families. There are opportunities as Retail Assistants in their charity shops, providing home support, play support and being a Community Ambassador to name a few.
- The Rainbow Community Centre – this is very close to our properties as it’s located within the estate! Get involved with the running of the centre, help with facilities management, grounds maintenance, marketing, social media, youth work or administration.
- Emmaus – Emmaus shops and social enterprises generate funds to support the local Emmaus community. They are a homeless charity providing homes for as long as someone needs it and meaningful work in their social enterprise. The Barnet shop is on the High Street just a 15 minutes’ walk away.
- Age UK Barnet – Get involved with vital services in the local community with Age UK Barnet. They’re looking for volunteers to help with activities, fundraising, cooking, befriending and driving.
If you’re interested in becoming a Dot Dot Dot guardian in High Barnet or another location, why not start your application now!