More info about the Cosmopolitan project
What’s different about this opportunity?
- Dot Dot Dot is collaborating with Cosmopolitan as part of its “#HomeMade” campaign. The magazine is exploring the issue of how difficult it is for young professionals to live in central London. Being a Dot Dot Dot property guardian is one good solution, so Cosmo is covering the experience of a group of women as Dot Dot Dot property guardians as part of their wider campaign.
- The project has already been featured in the June 2017 edition of Cosmopolitan (here’s the online version of the article) and the magazine will continue to follow their story over the coming months (and possibly even years!)
- Cosmopolitan have some exciting things lined up for the property guardians involved in this project. You could be in the magazine and be interviewed about your time as a guardian. And there are lots of other ideas of things that could happen down the line, such as forming part of a focus group for Cosmopolitan or being involved with #homemade partners and sponsors through events and social media.
- Through a partnership with eBay UK, Cosmopolitan have improved the interior, which means the available rooms are partly furnished and the communal areas are much flashier than in our regular properties. You will still need to supply your own bed – as is normal for our guardians.
- You still need to volunteer for at least 16 hours a month, like all Dot Dot Dot guardians. Along with Cosmopolitan, we will give you some great ideas of where to start with women’s charities, and support you through the process.
- Dot Dot Dot and Cosmopolitan will house people who meet the combined criteria of the two organisations. It is not a first come, first served opportunity.
The Clapham property
- Only £530 pcm including all bills and council tax
- This property has been featured in Cosmopolitan Magazine – much of the furnishings have been supplied by Cosmopolitan with the support of eBay, making it a plush home.
- It’s in a great location! Just a 15 minute walk from Clapham Common Underground and a 20 minute walk to Brixton. These stations are both Zone 2 and it’s really quick to get into central London (about 20 minutes).
- There’s one space available, so you would be joining six great women. The bedrooms are spacious and there are two bathrooms and kitchens and one large shared lounge.
- It’s an amazing price. The fee will be £530 per person, per month and this includes all utilities and council tax. Because the utility amounts will be based on consumption, the fee for this will be reviewed on a 6 monthly basis, if deemed necessary it will be increased or decreased accordingly at this time.
- It’s a really interesting property! The building is owned by a military organisation and has been used for decades for training cadets and reservists. A different part of the building will continue to be used by cadets while property guardians live in the flats.
- N.B. due to the other ongoing uses for the site, people housed in this property must have a valid DBS. During this process, if you do not have a valid DBS, you will need to get a Disclosure Scotland and we will send you some more details about this.
If you are interested, then book in for one of the viewing using the link in the Dot Dot Dot viewings email. We will be in touch before the viewing to confirm details, check your eligibility for this Cosmopolitan project and answer questions you have.