Our newest community in Manchester
We are really excited about working in our newest location in Manchester! We have taken on a former pub in Levenshulme and are looking forward to creating a great community of property guardians in such a vibrant city, bringing in more affordable housing and reducing empty properties in the area.
Levenshulme is an up and coming area just a 5 minute train ride from Manchester Piccadilly. There are plenty of local amenities – coffee shops, bars, shops and restaurants!
There are lots of cool volunteering opportunities in the area with the Levenshulme Inspire Centre Community Hub just a 15 minutes walk away, there’s lots going on there! You can help in the Inspire Cafe, toddler group or with activities for older people. Besides all this there are loads of activities going on at the Inspire Centre with bollyfit & burlesque classes, photography exhibitions, advice sessions and yoga.
The YASP internet café is also a 15 minute walk away. A relaxed and chilled out space for young people aged between 15-25, living in Manchester and dealing with life’s challenges. YASP is always looking for volunteers to help with the day to day running of the Café, particularly in the kitchen. There are ongoing opportunities for young adults to learn new skills, make new friends, and build confidence and self-esteem whilst gaining experience of working in a busy Café.
Cycling UK is running a volunteer recruitment campaign throughout Greater Manchester to support more local community groups to find new volunteers. These roles are essential to supporting local people to get on their bikes. There are a variety of roles from social media and administration support to ride leading and bike maintenance.
Here are some more reasons why you should be moving to Manchester:
- Cost of living – live in an exciting and vibrant city without breaking the bank
- Manchester by night – lots of quirky pubs, restaurants, bars and clubs
- It’s big… but not too big – Manchester has a big city feel but without the vast distances, you can easily walk around the city centre without wearing yourself down
- Plenty of job opportunities – Manchester Airport, JD Sports and Bentley are amongst the north west’s top 200 companies
- Thriving art scene – galleries and theatres galore
- The people – Mancunians are known for their friendly nature