This week’s Top 5 volunteer opportunities
1. “Merry Chrispmas” volunteers needed
When: Fri 28 Nov, Sat 6 December and Sat 13 December
Where: Chrisp Street Market, Poplar
If you can spare a few hours to help out with any of the events below please contact Blossom at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07984 723479.
Friday 28 Nov – Bite and Christmas Lights event:
- 9am-1pm Event set up – 4 volunteers needed
- 2-7pm Stewarding – 4 volunteers needed
- 7-9pm Event de-rig/clear up – 4 volunteers needed
Saturday 6 December – Santa’s grotto:
- 8-11am Event set up – 2 volunteers needed
- 11-3pm Stewarding/queue support – 2 volunteers needed
- 3-4pm Event de-rig/clear up – 2 volunteers needed
Saturday 13 December – community Christmas fete:
- 8-11am Event set up – we’ll have approx. 25 stalls, music stage etc – 6 volunteers needed
- 11am-4pm Activity stalls – 4 volunteers needed
- 4-7pm Event de-rig/clear up – 6 volunteers needed
2. ‘All together now‘ need volunteer musicians
When: Sat 13 December 3-5pm
Where: 38 Hoe Street, Walthamstow, E17 4PH
Calling all musicians…
All Together Now need live musicians to play in a ‘knees up’ style session, celebrating Walthamstow’s Musical heritage through the memories of its residents.
They’d love to hear from fun and versatile accordionists, guitarists, percussionists, and banjo or ukulele players and more. The session is part of the Walthamstow Performing Arts Collective.
Contact Pippa on email@example.com to get involved.
3. TRAID Charity shops need volunteers!
When: Flexible hours around London
Where: Peckham, Wood Green, Dalston, Shepherd’s Bush & Kilburn
TRAID is a clothes reuse charity with 12 shops in London. They regularly help at their shops, especially larger stores in Peckham, Wood Green, Shepherd’s Bush, Dalston & Kilburn. Most volunteer opportunities include sorting, pricing, hanging and helping to merchandise clothing.
Volunteer placements and internships at Head Office are also available usually with the education team and involve assisting the team with events, practical workshops and education activities with people of all ages. Email Sarah to find out more.
4. Bikeworks All Ability Cycling needs volunteers
When: throughout the year
Where: East (Victoria Park) and West (Little Wormwood Scrubs Adventure Playground) London
All Ability Cycling provide access to riding bikes for anyone, no matter what their ability, age or confidence level. The team are always looking for volunteers to help out in both East and West London.
Bikeworks also have opportunities within their office for anyone who would like to support them in an admin capacity.
Fancy volunteering, or want to have a chat about how you can help? Contact Jolyon at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Deptford Reach, Serving breakfast to those in need
When: 1 December 2014 9-12pm
Where: Deptford Reach Speedwell Street, Deptford, London, SE8 4AT
Deptford Reach is an organisation that helps to rebuild the lives of those affected by homelessness, mental illness, drug and alcohol abuse.
Main duties include:
- Preparation of vegetables, fruit, etc.
- Assist in serving food and in clearing up afterwards.
- Clean kitchen equipment, utensils, crockery and cutlery.
- Clean food stores and other areas, where applicable.
Apply through Hands On London today.