Whitechapel – the property, the volunteering and the area
Later this week, the first groups of people will be viewing our large new property in Whitechapel. There’s already significant interest from existing applicants, so we’d recommend that you apply now in order to have a chance to view the property soon.
It is a fantastic building and we are excited about making it a great place to live too. As usual, Dot Dot Dot will be housing people who want to contribute to the community as part of their role as a Dot Dot Dot guardian.
This is a large building and we intend to put it to its best possible use by opening up spaces to local community groups and hosting regular events; Including discussions, hackathons and workshops for a diverse range of audiences.
We have a variety of housing options available to suit all budgets and needs; monthly fees start from £550 pcm. Find out more about the property here.
We are scoping out a large variety of volunteering options and talking to local charities about how our guardians in Whitechapel can make a positive impact in the community. This could include hosting or supporting sessions within the building in order to benefit nearby charity groups (with activities such as gardening, art therapy, cooking, and CV writing already on the wish list). We will share more details on this soon.
We’re also keen to support resident guardians’ volunteering interests in order to put empty spaces within the building to socially beneficial use. If you have suggestions for how you could make the building an even better place to live, we’re all ears – just include information in your application.
If the property and the volunteering isn’t enough to get you interested, the area is pretty good too.
- Transport links – Great links from both Whitechapel and Aldgate East stations. It’s also perfect for cyclists with the Cycle Superhighway between Aldgate and Stratford.
- Entertainment – Some of the best curry houses in London are located in Whitechapel, and with the buzzing nightlife of Shoreditch nearby there’s lots of cool things going on.
- Shopping – Markets galore! Whitechapel is the perfect spot for easy access to Spitalfields, Columbia Road and Brick Lane markets.
- Culture hot spot – Whether it’s art, music, or film that interests you, there’s plenty of places to visit in the area. Check out the Whitechapel Gallery, Genesis Cinema, and Wilton’s Music Hall.
- Green spaces – If you prefer to be outdoors you can check out Victoria Park, Stepney City Farm or Spitalfields City Farm.
If you’re interested in becoming a Dot Dot Dot guardian either in Whitechapel or another location, please start your application now.