Spacious East London flats, in Canning Town E16 Currently Full
We currently have a great value 2-bedroom maisonette in Canning Town in east London. It has a small study with an open plan dining and living room. These generously sized property guardianship flats in Newham are suitable for friends looking to share or couples looking for more space, each featuring a kitchen, living room, a study and double bedrooms. They are in a superb location, close to DLR and Jubilee connections as well as local amenities.
Dot Dot Dot is particularly excited to offer housing in and around Custom House in Newham. We are collaborating with partner organisations in order to help Custom House to become an ever more dynamic and thriving place for living and working. Look out for more information soon, but the summary is that we’re looking to house guardians who are keen to commit to the local area as a place to live, work and volunteer.
Our guardians living in Newham will be key contributors to a project which spans the whole neighbourhood, through participating in community engagement activities, sharing their skills through their volunteering and as potential customers for new work and retail activities in the area.
If you haven’t already completed our application process, you can apply to be a property guardian in Canning Town here.
- Large open plan living
- Fantastic transport links (Jubilee line and DLR a 5 minute walk)
- Great local amenities including shops and library
- Wide range of local volunteering opportunities
- Some of the cheapest properties in East London
- Canning Town - Jubilee Line: 10 Minute Walk
- Canning Town - DLR: 10 Minute Walk
- Custom House - DLR: 10 Minute Walk
- Many Bus Links: Within a 5 Minute Walk
Popular Volunteering at this LocationDot Dot Dot supports all of its guardians to volunteer at least 16 hours every month for good causes. Find out more about how volunteering and guardianship go together.Take a look at some of the volunteering opportunities in this area.
- Dementia Cafe Group: Dementia/Memory cafés provide an opportunity for people with dementia, family members and carers to meet regularly and talk about living with dementia, in an informal social environment and ask questions of professionals. Support volunteers get involved in all aspects of it are vital to the smooth running of cafe.
- Celia Hammond Animal Trust: There are a range of volunteering opportunities on offer - feeding and cleaning animals, fundraising, fostering animals, home visiting, leaflet & poster design, and transporting animals. They are seeking regular, reliable volunteers to assist with caring for rescued cats.
Fees & Costs
- Monthly licence fee: £700pcm sole occupancy / £400pcm per guardian sharers’ fee
- Refundable security payment (equivalent of 5 weeks’ fees): £808 for sole occupancy / £462 per person for sharers
- Fees include council tax but exclude all other bills
- No hidden costs, service charges or admin fees