Community focused living in Lewisham, SE12 Currently Full
Check out our stunning property in Grove Park, Lewisham. This is a beautiful and light mid-20th century building with large bedrooms and generous shared spaces. Living here you’ll have the chance to play a role in the rejuvenation of the youth club, an important community asset.
We have just one room available for £400pcm ALL in. You would be sharing this amazing property with another guardian.
What’s special about this housing opportunity
We are supporting the youth club’s Building Preservation Trust (BPT) in their efforts to bring a the building back into use as a community asset in future. If you are housed in this beautiful youth club, then you will be expected to prioritise your volunteering efforts towards the BPT’s objectives. It’s a fantastic cause and we are excited to play a part in bringing a long-closed youth club back into use, by housing two great property guardians in the interim.
Here’s just a few examples of the potential volunteering opportunities that our guardians can work with the trustees on:
- Writing funding applications
- Building partnerships with potential users of the space (probably youth service or community based services)
- Maintaining and improving the building
- Comms and media representation for the project
- Hosting partners in the space
Apply to be a guardian now to take this unique opportunity to live in an amazing building and play a valuable role in a community building coming back into use.
- Beautiful and light mid-20th century building
- Large bedrooms and generous kitchen / living area
- A chance to play a role in the rejuvenation of an important community asset
- Grove Park station: 10 minutes walk
- London Bridge: 30 minutes door to door
Fees & Costs
- Monthly licence fee: £400 per room
- Refundable security payment (equivalent of 5 weeks’ fees): 462
- Fees include council tax and utilities
- No hidden costs, service charges or admin fees