1-bed flats in Nelson Nr Burnley, BB9 Available Immediately
Just four miles north of Burnley on the Leeds and Liverpool Canal, we have some 1-bed self-contained flats located in the idyllic Pendle countryside in Lancashire. Living here you’ll benefit from being in the beautiful village of Barrowford and also very close to Nelson town centre, including local shops, restaurants and Nelson & Colne college.
Each property has an open plan kitchen and living room, good quality bathroom and bedroom with lots of wardrobe space. The flats all come with a bed and sofa and there’s the added bonus of unrestricted parking on the road. The flats come as a blank canvas, so you’re free to get creative and add your own unique touch.
Barrowford village is full of history, heritage and home-grown businesses. Check out the Pendle Heritage Centre, Barrowford Park and a variety of independent shops and eateries. Nelson town centre is just 15 minutes walk away with supermarkets, banks and a shopping centre.
There’s good connections by road to Burnley, Accrington, Blackburn, Preston, Colne and Brierfield. There’s also Nelson train station with hourly trains to Burnley, Blackburn, Preston and Blackpool in one direction, and Colne in the other.
The location is perfect for those who love the outdoors, with the Yorkshire Dales, Pendle Hill and Forest of Bowland all nearby. Explore Barrowford and it’s surrounding hidden gems with our handy area guide.
Our guardians also support the neighbourhood and become part of the local community through volunteering for good causes. Check out some great local volunteering opportunities below.
More information and next steps
If you want to be the first to find out more about our Lancashire properties and attend the viewings, take our guardian quiz today to start the application process.
- Parking available on the road
- Redecorate however you like
- Nearby lots of great spots for outdoorsy types
- Includes a bed and sofa
- Living next door to other like-minded guardians
- 5 minutes' walk to local pubs, restaurants and Nelson & Colne College
- Close to independent shops and restaurants in Barrowford
- 15 minutes walk to supermarkets, Nelson train station and the town centre
- Nelson Train Station: 15 minutes walk
- Burnley: Less than 15 minutes by car, or 35 minutes by train
- Blackburn: 25 minutes by car
Popular Volunteering at this LocationDot Dot Dot supports all of its guardians to volunteer at least 16 hours every month for good causes. Find out more about how volunteering and guardianship go together.Take a look at some of the volunteering opportunities in this area.
- Lancashire Volunteer Partnership: The LVP collates local opportunities into one place. Roles range from visiting people who may be feeling lonely, to giving a carer some respite, volunteering alongside neighbourhood policing teams as a Special Constable, or helping at a children’s centre.
- National Trust: Volunteer nearby at Gawthorpe Hall. Whether you're looking to help in the great outdoors, connect with the public or get up close and personal with the houses, they have something for everyone.
- Forest of Bowland: There are several opportunities for volunteering in and around the Forest of Bowland and there are a number of organisations that will welcome you and, in some cases, offer training depending on your aims and plans. Take a look at the opportunities here.
Fees & Costs
- Monthly licence fee: Single bedroom flats are £175pcm & double bedroom flats are £200pcm
- 35% discount for couples occupying double bedroom, making the licence fee £130pcm per person
- Refundable security payment (equivalent of 5 weeks’ fees): from £150-231 – depending on the property and if you take sole occupancy or live with a partner
- Fees exclude council tax and utilities
- No hidden costs, service charges or admin fees
- If you are living here alone, you could also be eligible for a 25% single occupancy council tax discount. More information available here.
Find Out More Apply Now