Affordable East London flats, in Custom House E16 Currently Full
We are housing guardians in some of the best value properties in East London. We have spacious 2-bedroom flats with an extra room for a study or studio. These properties are next door to the ExCel Centre, just a few minutes’ walk to Custom House DLR, Royal Victoria DLR or Prince Regent DLR, so less than 30 minutes to Stratford door to door.
These generously sized property guardianship flats in Newham are suitable for friends to share or couples looking for more space, each featuring a kitchen, living room, a study and double bedrooms.
Dot Dot Dot is particularly excited to offer housing in and around Custom House in Newham. We are collaborating with partner organisations in order to help Custom House to become an ever more dynamic and thriving place for living and working. Look out for more information soon, but the summary is that we’re looking to house guardians who are keen to commit to the local area as a place to live, work and volunteer.
Our guardians living in Newham will be key contributors to a project which spans the whole neighbourhood, through participating in community engagement activities, sharing their skills through their volunteering and as potential customers for new work and retail activities in the area.
If this sounds like something you’re interested in getting involved with, you can apply to be a property guardian in Custom House here.
- Great Transport Links (less than 20 minutes to Stratford)
- Right next to ExCel Centre
- Stunning views into central London
- Some of the cheapest properties in East London
- Royal Victoria DLR: 7 minute walk
- Prince Regent DLR: 7 minute walk
- Local buses: 5 minute walk
Popular Volunteering at this LocationDot Dot Dot supports all of its guardians to volunteer at least 16 hours every month for good causes. Find out more about how volunteering and guardianship go together.Take a look at some of the volunteering opportunities in this area.
- Richard House Children's Hospice: They are looking for volunteers to help in the shop, with driving and distribution, fundraising and events.
- Early Start Group: As an Early Start Volunteer you will be volunteering in Newham alongside early years staff delivering baby and toddler sessions such as Messy Play, Stay and Play and Music and Movement.
- Newham Foodbank: In Newham they are looking for Warehouse Volunteers, Voucher Coordinators, Web Editors and people to help out at the foodbank centre. There are lots of ways you can get involved with helping get emergency food to people in crisis.
Fees & Costs
- Monthly licence fee: £700pcm sole occupancy / £400pcm per guardian sharers’ fee
- Refundable security payment (equivalent of 5 weeks’ fees): £808 for sole occupancy / £462 per person for sharers
- Fees include council tax but exclude all other bills
- No hidden costs, service charges or admin fees