Large shared property in Barkingside, IG6 Available Immediately
We have a fantastic opportunity for community living in a large property in Barkingside near Gants Hill, situated just 5 minutes walk to the Central Line. This property offers a huge amount of space as well as large communal areas. Rooms vary in shape and size – all rooms will come with an extra room for storage, or to be used as a studio/study.
“There’s really ample space, you’ve got a kitchen, it’s a large community house with a lot of space. It’s clean which is most important. When I walked in I thought, wow I can’t believe this place is a guardianship.” – Alex, Dot Dot Dot Property Guardian
There are a number of kitchens and bathrooms to share between the guardians, plus, plenty of communal spaces to make your own. This property also boasts a lovely garden.
Living here you’ll benefit from nearby amenities in Barkingside, and Gants Hill which is 7 minutes away by bus. There is also a large Tesco 7 minutes walk away and Barkingside High Street 15 minutes walk. Plus, the beautiful Fairlop Country Park is within 10 minutes walk. CLose amenities is not the only benefit of this location, living outside the hustle and bustle of Central London means you can enjoy some much-needed peace and quiet.
“It’s really a quiet place. It’s definitely peaceful and there’s not much noise. Very similar to High Barnet compared to other places in London and there’s a good commute. For me it’s about the balance between proximity to Central London and having my own space, I think the right balance is here.” – Alex, Dot Dot Dot Property Guardian
There’s also easy access into central London on the Central Line from Barkingside station which is a 15-minute walk from the property. Regular bus services to Ilford and Barking are 5-10 minutes walk away.
“It takes about 55 minutes into Central London, so 14 minutes walk to the station and then straight into the city. It’s quite easy.” – Alex, Dot Dot Dot Property Guardian. You can read the full interview with Alex here.
More information and next steps
This property is perfect for anyone looking for lots of space and the added benefit of living in a great community of guardians. If this sounds like you, complete our guardian application process so you can sign up for a viewing.
If you’ve never been to Barkingside and want to know what’s up, check out our handy guide to the area.
- Huge amount of space to use how you wish
- Large garden with a terrace
- Spacious communal areas including well equipped kitchens and living rooms
- Close to local shops and cafes on Barkingside High Street
- Be a part of building the guardian community here
- All rooms come with an extra room for storage or to be used as a studio/study
- Laundry room
- Barkingside Station: 15 minutes walk
- Stratford Station: 30 minutes by tube
- Bank Station: 40 minutes by tube
- Gants Hill: 7 minutes by bus
Popular Volunteering at this LocationDot Dot Dot supports all of its guardians to volunteer at least 16 hours every month for good causes. Find out more about how volunteering and guardianship go together.Take a look at some of the volunteering opportunities in this area.
- Scope Charity Shop: Volunteer at Scope charity shop on Barkingside High Street. There are a range of different volunteering roles including; helping customers, working on the till, arranging window dressing and displays, and sorting donations.
- Volunteer Centre Redbridge: The Volunteer Centre Redbridge offers information, advice and guidance for anyone who lives in Redbridge. Check out lots of local volunteering opportunities on their website.
Fees & Costs
- Monthly licence fees: £430pcm for sole occupancy of a double room or £280pcm per person for couples sharing a double room
- Refundable security payment (equivalent of 5 weeks’ fees): £323-496
- Fees include council tax and utilities
- No hidden costs, service charges or admin fees. Rooms vary in shape and size,all all rooms will come with access to an extra storage room
Find Out More Apply Now