Farmhouses in the Beautiful Cambridgeshire Countryside Coming SoonView All Photos
We have three farmhouses located in idyllic Cambridgeshire villages – There are two six miles north of Cambridge, and one 14 miles southwest of Cambridge. Two are currently full, however the third is coming soon, six miles north of Cambridge. These properties would be perfect for a couple looking for the quieter life and a place to make their own, with lots of space, surrounded by beautiful countryside and good access to Cambridge.
Each property has two large bedrooms, a studio/study, living room, kitchen and bathroom. Plus you can decorate the spaces however you wish.
We have two farmhouses in a small village about six miles north of Cambridge, just 20 minutes by car and 35 minutes by bike to the city centre. Located between the city and the fens, this parish village retains its historic aesthetic, including one of the most historic barns in England. Get involved with the local volunteer group committed to saving and restoring the barn for community use. The properties are unfurnished, but you can walk to Emmaus Cambridge, a second-hand charity warehouse, to check out their stock and have a cuppa at Joan’s Coffee Shop.
In a village approximately 14 miles south-west of Cambridge and 3 miles northwest of Royston, we have another farmhouse. It’s 35 minutes by car to the centre of Cambridge. It’s a small, pretty village with a thriving community spirit. The residents are served by The Crown pub, providing real ale and traditional food, a post office, village hall and football ground. We recommend taking a nice stroll around the village to check out the timber framed cottages, thatched roofs and beautiful open countryside.
Both villages offer a relaxing pace of life and a close knit community, but are easily accessible from Cambridge. Benefit from the fresh countryside air, peaceful environment and the picturesque scenery.
Costs & Fees
The properties are from £450-520pcm excluding bills – no hidden costs or fees. The farmhouses are ideal for two people to share, whether you’re a couple or two friends, they’re great value.
More information and next steps
This is your chance to find a quieter space in the Cambridgeshire countryside. If you’re interested in living in one of our farmhouses, take our guardian quiz now so you can be the first to hear about viewings.
- Idyllic setting boasting beautiful scenery
- Village life with good access the Cambridge city centre
- Large farm houses
- Two large bedrooms
- Nearby amenities including local pubs and shops
- Decorate however you wish
Popular Volunteering at this LocationDot Dot Dot supports all of its guardians to volunteer at least 16 hours every month for good causes. Find out more about how volunteering and guardianship go together.Take a look at some of the volunteering opportunities in this area.
- Cambridge Council for Voluntary Service: CCVS are a charity set up to help local community and voluntary groups. They offer a Supported Volunteering Project to help you to find the right volunteer role, which will meet your needs.
- Cambridge Convoy Refugee Action Group: The charity coordinates the logistics of sending donations and volunteers to help refugees in the Calais area. You can join a convoy to Calais, organise donation drop offs or organise a fundraiser - they are looking for a variety of skills so get in touch.
Fees & Costs
- Monthly licence fee: from £450-520pcm depending on the property
- Deposit (equivalent of 5 weeks’ fees): from £519-577 depending on the property
- Fees exclude council tax and utilities
- No hidden costs, service charges or admin fees